Senior Project Engineer - Drainage and Stormwater
Permanent Full Time position
Band 7 $101,935 - $113,968 + Super + RDO (RDO applicable for full time 38 hours per week only)
Yarra City Council is a Dynamic and Progressive Organization. We pride ourselves on diversity and continual development of staff. We aim to make a positive difference in people’s lives.
An opportunity exists to become part of the Drainage and Stormwater Team at Yarra City Council, a diverse and highly motivated team involved in the overseeing of strategic drainage program planning and delivery of the flood mitigation works within the municipality.
Demonstrated experience in design and delivery of future flood mitigation programs along with preparing and monitoring budgets, administrative systems and in preparing high level briefs and reports will continue to grow with focus on flood assessment, strategic catchment planning, and stakeholder management.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience in municipal Stormwater systems, flood investigations, project management and contract management.
- Specialist knowledge in analysing Stormwater catchment issues and designing appropriate & innovative solutions with a view to achieving multi-benefit, integrated water management outcomes.
- Ability to solve problems through negotiation, innovation and teamwork. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work autonomously.
- Computer literate with the ability to write letters, reports and respond to correspondence as required.
- Current Victorian Driver’s License
What we can offer you:
- Diverse and varied working opportunities
- Ability to grow and develop within the organisation
- flexible work arrangements supporting the non-work responsibilities and interests of our staff
- a strong culture of performance
- award winning organisation-wide Health and Wellbeing initiatives
For further information see the Position Description below or contact Sainath Tavate, Coordinator Drainage and Stormwater on (03) 9205 5555.
100293 - Senior Project Engineer - Drainage and Stormwater 2022.pdf
Applications close on Friday 28 April 2023.
In your application, the selection panel will assess your CV against the technical skills, abilities, and qualifications of the Position Description as well as your separate responses to the Key Selection Criteria.
*This position is subject to satisfactory Police Check and proof of COVID-19 double dose vaccination prior to commencement. Pre-employment checks are not used by Yarra City Council to prevent any applicant from applying for this position. Each application will be considered on its merits.
Yarra City Council is committed to being a child safe organisation and supports flexible and accessible working arrangements for all. This includes people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, culturally, religiously and linguistically diverse people, young people, older people, women, and people who identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, intersex or queer. We draw pride and strength from our diversity, remain open to new approaches and actively foster an inclusive workplace that celebrates the contribution made by all our people.