Senior Data Engineer
Permanent - Full time (Flexible)
Band 8 $118,153 to $132,400 + Super + RDO
City of Yarra is seeking an experienced Senior Data Engineer to join the Business Solutions team working to deliver the City of Yarra’s Digital Transformation program.
The successful candidate will have knowledge of data engineering to create data pipelines, using the tools and standards defined by the architecture team. Ideally, you will also have experience with data modelling to enable you to collaborate with a Data Architect to design and implement data models to meet various business needs. You will be directly involved in the development of the new City of Yarra Data Hub. You will also have excellent knowledge of data administration and management functions (collection, analyses and distribution) and familiarity with modern databases and information system technologies.
You will have:
- Demonstrated advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Proven experience both building and optimising ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures, and data sets and assembling and analysing large, complex data sets that support business requirements.
- Proven ability to build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency, and workload management.
- Demonstrated successful history of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large, disconnected datasets.
- Proven strong organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities.
- Demonstrated experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams to support their data infrastructure needs and assist with data-related technical issues in a dynamic environment.
Yarra is a dynamic, exciting, flexible and progressive organisation. We pride ourselves on our inclusive culture, diversity, continual progression and the development of our staff. We aim to make a positive difference in people’s lives and continually improve service to the community.
For further information see the position description or contact Margherita Barbante, Manager Information Services via email@example.com
100600 - Senior Data Engineer - Position Description.pdf
Applications close at 11.55pm on 11 August 2022.
In your application, the selection panel will assess your CV against the technical skills, abilities, and qualifications of the Position Description as well as your separate responses to the Key Selection Criteria.
*This position is subject to a satisfactory Police Check and proof of COVID-19 double Vaccination prior to commencement. Pre-employment checks are not used by Yarra City Council to prevent any applicant from applying for this position. Each application will be considered on its merits.
Yarra City Council is committed to being a child safe organisation and supports flexible and accessible working arrangements for all. This includes people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, culturally, religiously and linguistically diverse people, young people, older people, women, and people who identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, intersex or queer. We draw pride and strength from our diversity, remain open to new approaches and actively foster an inclusive workplace that celebrates the contribution made by all our people.