Coordinator Revenue Services
Permanent Full Time (Flexible) - 38 hours
Band 8 $114,405 - $128,200 + Super + RDO
Yarra City Council is seeking a driven, experienced and motivated leader to undertake the position of Coordinator Revenue Services.
We are looking for a self-motivated person with highly developed time management skills and demonstrated analytical skills. The successful candidate will have experience in Local Government, and possess the innate ability to communicate with and engage diverse audiences in complex and sensitive conversations, as well as building and maintaining collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
As the Coordinator, you will be the contact point for all team members, so your communication skills will be excellent. You should also be proactive to ensure smooth team operations and effective collaboration.
- Demonstrated experience and the ability to motivate, lead and develop staff to achieve a high standard of performance including the ability to lead innovation and process improvement.
- The ability to communicate (both verbal and written) effectively with clarity and diplomacy to provide solutions and clear instructions.
- Sound knowledge of the relevant legislative requirements and Council policies as applicable to the raising and collection of rates and charges and property related matters.
- The ability to actively plan and support the development of individuals’ knowledge, skills and capability in order to identity long term staffing strategies and create efficiencies within the team.
- Skills in developing a climate of trust and confidence encouraging "two way" communication and team work.
- An advanced understanding of the economic, political and social issues relating to the collection of revenue within a Local Government environment
If this sounds like the opportunity you are looking for, we would love to hear from you.
Yarra City Council is a dynamic and progressive Organisation. We pride ourselves on our diversity and providing an inclusive culture for all.
For further information see the position description below or contact Chen Wei, CFO via Wei.Chen@yarracity.vic.gov.au
406200 - Coordinator Revenue Services - Position Description - Sep 2021.pdf
Applications close at 11.55pm on 29th September 2021.
In your application, the selection panel will assess your CV against the technical skills, abilities, and qualifications of the Position Description as well as your separate responses to the Key Selection Criteria.
This position is subject to satisfactory Police Check and Psychometric Test prior to commencement. Pre-employment checks are not used by Yarra City Council to prevent any applicant from applying for this position. Each application will be considered on its merits.
Yarra City Council is committed to being a child safe organisation and supports flexible and accessible working arrangements for all. This includes people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, culturally, religiously and linguistically diverse people, young people, older people, women, and people who identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, intersex or queer. We draw pride and strength from our diversity, remain open to new approaches and actively foster an inclusive workplace that celebrates the contribution made by all our people.