Group Fitness Instructor
Casual Band between $46.48 – $70.48 (class dependent) + Super.
Yarra Leisure are always on the lookout for energetic, enthusiastic and knowledgeable Group Fitness Instructors to work in our growing group fitness program.
An ability to provide enjoyable, safe and fun classes is essential as is the willingness to contribute to our positive team culture. We offer the latest equipment and technology to support you delivering current fitness trends.
We deliver 120 classes per week across our iconic Fitzroy, Collingwood and Richmond sites.
Our class styles include:
- Deep Water Running
- Les Mills: Body Balance, Body Pump, Body Step & Body Combat
- Circuit / HIIT 45
- Mat Pilates
What we offer you:
The latest equipment, technology and a supportive environment so you can deliver the very best classes.
If successful in joining Yarra Leisure and Yarra City Council, you be a key team member delivering a broad range of group fitness classes across our three modern leisure centres. Our extensive group fitness timetable is focused on health and wellbeing and caters to a wide range of participants. We pride ourselves on actively making a positive difference to the people within our community.
What you need to apply:
Ability to deliver enjoyable, safe and fun classes and the willingness to contribute to our positive team culture.
To apply please upload as separate documents to the correct location provided:
Attach to resume current:
- Qualification specific to the application exercise styles.
- CPR and First Aid certification.
- Working with Children Check.
- Fitness Australia Registration or willingness to attain equivalent.
Answers to the five Key Selection Criteria must also be submitted in the form provided. A minimum answer of a paragraph on each answer is suggested.
- Describe your experience and ability to lead enjoyable, informative and productive exercise classes.
- Reflect and give detailed examples about your strong interpersonal skills and effective communication skills within the workplace.
- Describe an example why and how you design and implement safe and effective programs.
- Provide an example of your proactive ability to increase class participation and occupancy.
- Describe how you demonstrate commitment to ongoing professional development, maintenance of industry certifications and best practise techniques.
For further information please contact Adam Horton at firstname.lastname@example.org
Group Exercise Instructor - Position Description.pdf
This is an open recruitment campaign and we look forward to seeing your application.
In your application, the selection panel will assess your CV against the technical skills, abilities, and qualifications of the Position Description as well as your separate responses to the Key Selection Criteria; including specific examples for each KSC.
*This position is subject to satisfactory (Police Check, Working with Children Check, and a pre-employment medical assessment) prior to commencement. Pre-employment checks are not used by Yarra City Council to prevent any applicant from applying for this position. Each application will be considered on its merits.
Yarra City Council is committed to being a child safe organisation and supports flexible and accessible working arrangements for all.
This includes people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, culturally, religiously and linguistically diverse people, young people, older people, women, and people who identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, intersex or queer.
We draw pride and strength from our diversity, remain open to new approaches and actively foster an inclusive workplace that celebrates the contribution made by all our people.