Coordinator Connie Benn Centre Early Learning Centre
Permanent Full Time (Flexible)
Band 7 $97,402.18 - $108,990.80 + RDO + Super
Connie Benn Early Learning Centre is looking for a highly skilled and experienced Coordinator to lead our team of dedicated educators.
Connie Benn ELC is a large service with a diverse mix of families. Ideally we will be looking for someone who has demonstrated experience in:
- Managing the day to day business operations of an early childhood centre and sessional Kindergarten program
- Positively leading a team of educators through continuous improvement plans and change
- Providing quality education and care programs in line with the National Quality Standards
- Meeting all aspects of compliance under the National Quality Framework and other relevant laws and acts
- Inclusive service provision, including experience with children and families with complex needs and inclusion support
- Working in partnership with a community hub to support the community more broadly
This role will lead the delivery of Early Childhood Services within the Connie Benn Centre located in Fitzroy. The Centre is in an established community hub with a focus on the delivery of quality integrated services to children and their families. Key aspects of this role are:
- Lead the Connie Benn Early Learning Centre in providing high quality responsive children’s services that reflect the diverse needs of the community
- Manage and coordinate the operations of the Early Learning Centre, ensuring an environment of continuous improvement and professional development
- Improve access and integration of Children’s Services, utilising a neighborhood approach to service development and operation that provides the best social, health and developmental outcomes for children and families
- Lead the establishment of respectful and collaborative partnerships between the Early Learning Centre, the families and communities within the Connie Benn Centre, and contribute to related services across the municipality
For further information please contact Robert Stevens, Team Leader Children's Services Operations on 9205 5478, Robert.email@example.com see the Position Description below.
702600 - Connie Benn Centre - Early Learning Centre Coordinator - Position Description.pdf
Applications close on 30 January 2020.
Please note: In your application, the selection panel will assess your CV against the technical skills, abilities, and qualifications of the Position Description as well as your separate responses to the Key Selection Criteria.
*Applicants must hold or be willing to undertake current certificates in Level 2 First Aid, Asthma Management, and Anaphylaxis Management.
**This position is subject to satisfactory Police Check, Working With Children Check, Pre-Employment Medical Assessment and Psychometric Assessment prior to commencement. Pre-employment checks are not used by Yarra City Council to prevent any applicant from applying for this position. Each application will be considered on its merits.
Yarra City Council is committed to being a child safe organisation and supports flexible and accessible working arrangements for all. This includes people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, culturally, religiously and linguistically diverse people, young people, older people, women, and people who identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, intersex or queer. We draw pride and strength from our diversity, remain open to new approaches and actively foster an inclusive workplace that celebrates the contribution made by all our people.