Job no: 492402
Work type: Casual / Temp, Part time
Categories: Community, Management, Services
Casual $38.24 per hour (includes 25% leave loading) + super
Part time $60,449 - $65, 501 pro-rata ($30.59 per hr) + super
An exciting opportunity exists to join the Yarra Leisure Operations as a Duty Manager. This position will allow you to develop a positive team culture through your effective leadership skills, strong customer service focus and streamlined operational management ability. We are looking for dynamic, highly skilled and motivated professionals to join this diverse and successful Leisure Services team.
Yarra Leisure is responsible for the strategic management and development of the programs and services, with the Operations team.
The successful candidate will:
- Manage day to day operations across three of Yarra Leisure’s venues; Richmond Recreation Centre, Collingwood Leisure Centre and Fitzroy Swimming Pool
- Provide quality customer service in accordance with the Council’s customer service standards
- Develop strong relationships with all Yarra Leisure patrons and staff ensuring a positive contribution to the Team dynamic
- Assist the team leader to facilitate internal staff OH&S training sessions, including but not limited to correct manual handling, usage of PPE and chemical handling
- The ability to work a range of shifts across the operating hours including weekends.
- Mediate any conflict that may arise within the facilities, including effective problem solving of customer issues
- Able to work approximately 8 hours over the weekends and shifts between the hours of 5am - 11:30pm.
Please note: This is an ongoing recruitment drive for positions as they become available. Leisure Services endeavour to contact you within a month of your application.
705213 - Duty Manager - Position Description - August 2017.pdf
For further information regarding this role, please contact Michelle Scerri on 9205 5593.
In your application that the selection panel will assess your CV against the technical skills, ability and qualifications of the Position Description as well as your separate responses to the Key Selection Criteria.
*This position is subject to satisfactory Police Check and working with children check prior to commencement. Pre-employment checks are not used by Yarra City Council to prevent any applicant from applying for this position. Each application will be considered on its merits.
Yarra City Council supports flexible and accessible working arrangements for all.
This includes people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, culturally, religiously and linguistically diverse people, young people, older people, women, and people who identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, intersex or queer.
We draw pride and strength from our diversity, remain open to new approaches and actively foster an inclusive workplace that celebrates the contribution made by all our people.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend