Casual $37.49 per hour (inclusive 25% casual loading) + Super
Are you passionate about teaching swimming and would like to work during school hours, evenings or weekends? Are you looking for a highly rewarding job within an inclusive and fun team? If this sounds like you then Yarra Leisure has an exciting opportunity to become a part of our Yarra Leisure Swim School!
The Yarra Leisure Aquatic programs team operates out of three aquatic and recreation centres in inner city Melbourne including:
- Richmond Recreation Centre
- Collingwood Leisure Centre
- Fitzroy Swimming Pool
Due to continued program growth, we are currently seeking motivated and enthusiastic swim instructors, who have a genuine love of teaching to join our growing team. The role of Swim Instructor will allow you to contribute positively to the delivery and ongoing development of aquatic programs.
We have two core programs – School Swimming 9:30am-2:30pm, and After School Swimming 3:30pm-7:00pm, and as such we are seeking staff with availability during school, after school, and or weekends. We are also seeking staff who have an interest in teaching high level swimmers, as well as swimmers of diverse abilities, and CALD communities. Experience or qualifications in these areas will be highly regarded.
The successful candidate will:
- Provide high quality, safe, fun, engaging and effective swimming lessons to Yarra Leisure participants.
- Establish good communication with all Yarra Leisure patrons, participants and Yarra Leisure staff.
- Perform all work processes in accordance with the Yarra Leisure Aquatic Programs and all Yarra Leisure policies and procedures.
- Hold or willing to obtain a current Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety Certificate and current CPR qualification (essential).
- Hold or willing to obtain a current Teacher of Infant and Preschool (desired).
- Hold or willing to obtain a current Teacher of Towards Competitive Strokes/Teacher of Competitive Swimming (desired).
- Hold or willing to obtain a current Teacher of Inclusive Aquatics/Learners with a Disability (desired).
For further information please see the Position Description below or contact Heidi Petropoulos, Learn to Swim Team Leader at Heidi.Petropoulos@yarracity.vic.gov.au or on (03) 9205 5522.
705502 - Swim Instructor - Position Description - March 2021.pdf
This is an open recruitment campaign and we look forward to seeing your application.
In your application, the selection panel will assess your CV against the technical skills, abilities, and qualifications of the Position Description as well as your separate responses to the Key Selection Criteria; including specific examples for each KSC. The KSC are listed in the attached Position Description.
*This position is subject to satisfactory Police Check and Working with Children Check prior to commencement. Pre-employment checks are not used by Yarra City Council to prevent any applicant from applying for this position. Each application will be considered on its merits.
Yarra City Council is committed to being a child safe organisation and supports flexible and accessible working arrangements for all.
This includes people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, culturally, religiously and linguistically diverse people, young people, older people, women, and people who identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, intersex or queer.
We draw pride and strength from our diversity, remain open to new approaches and actively foster an inclusive workplace that celebrates the contribution made by all our people.