Coordinator Active and Healthy Ageing
Permanent Full Time (Flexible)
Band 7 $98,702 - $110,353 + Super + RDO
Yarra City Council’s Aged and Disability Department has a proud history in providing a comprehensive range of services to our community – we are leaders in service provision, advocacy, social planning and community development.
An opportunity exists for an experienced and dynamic professional to join our progressive team as we respond to the significant reforms and changes impacting on the provision of aged and disability services.
The Coordinator Active & Healthy Ageing will be responsible for the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of Council's active and healthy ageing programs and services tailored to meet the needs of adults 50+ in Yarra. You will be responsible for service planning, service delivery, program development, resource management and where applicable contract management. You will champion the Active and Healthy Ageing in Yarra Strategy 2018-2024 within Council, and with external stakeholders and the community at large, and manage our Active Ageing Advisory Committee.
This senior position reports to the Coordinator Community Planning and is part of the Community Wellbeing Directorate requires a person with:
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Sciences, Community Development or a related area are essential. Relevant post-graduate qualifications would be highly regarded;
- Thorough understanding of current local, national, and international policy frameworks around ageing, together with good policy development and analysis skills;
- Excellent service management skills, including ability to be flexible and lead change, develop and manage diverse programs, and pursue innovative program approaches;
- Experience and sound knowledge of diversity, access and inclusion principles, with a commitment to working with residents to address issues and advance the rights of older people and people with disability; and
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills; highly skilled in presenting clear and concise reports.
For further information see a copy of the position description or contact Cheryle Gray, Coordinator Community Planning on 9205 5175.
704300 - Coordinator Active & Healthy Ageing - Position Description - March 2021.pdf
Applications close at 11:55pm on 23 April 2021.
Please note: In your application, the selection panel will assess your CV against the technical skills, abilities, and qualifications of the Position Description as well as your separate responses to the Key Selection Criteria.
This position is subject to satisfactory Police Check and Psychometric Test. Pre-employment checks are not used by Yarra City Council to prevent any applicant from applying for this position. Each application will be considered on its merits.
Yarra City Council is committed to being a child safe organisation and supports flexible and accessible working arrangements for all. This includes people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, culturally, religiously and linguistically diverse people, young people, older people, women, and people who identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, intersex or queer. We draw pride and strength from our diversity, remain open to new approaches and actively foster an inclusive workplace that celebrates the contribution made by all our people