Job no: 494723
Work type: Casual / Temp
Categories: Community, Services
Casual positions available
Casual – $36.66 per hour (includes 25% leave loading) + Super
Join the Yarra Leisure Health and Fitness Team as a Gym Instructor. The role of Gym Instructor will allow you to contribute to the development of fitness programs within the City of Yarra’s Leisure Services division. We are looking for customer service focused, dynamic and motivated professionals to join the Leisure Services team!
Yarra Leisure operates five facilities out of the Collingwood Leisure Centre, Fitzroy Swimming Pool, Richmond Recreation Centre, Collingwood Estate Gym and Burnley Golf Course.
The successful candidate will:
- Provide outstanding customer service and develop strong relationships with all Yarra Leisure patrons and staff.
- Design and deliver quality small group training, individual fitness programs, and ensure the safe implementation of exercise regimes.
- Educate clients in the correct use of specialist gymnasium equipment.
- Monitor OH&S, maintenance and cleaning issues relating to the gymnasiums and equipment.
- Hold a current working with children check.
- Available to work early morning and evening shifts, over the weekends and during the summer period.
For further information see the position description below or contact Joe Costa, Health & Fitness Team Leader on (03) 9205 5522.
705104 - Gym Instructors - Position Description.pdf
Applications close on 20 September 2019.
In your application, the selection panel will assess your CV against the technical skills, abilities, and qualifications of the Position Description as well as your separate responses to the Key Selection Criteria.
*This position is subject to satisfactory Police Check and Working with Children Check prior to commencement. Pre-employment checks are not used by Yarra City Council to prevent any applicant from applying for this position. Each application will be considered on its merits.
Yarra City Council is committed to being a child safe organisation and supports flexible and accessible working arrangements for all. This includes people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, culturally, religiously and linguistically diverse people, young people, older people, women, and people who identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, intersex or queer. We draw pride and strength from our diversity, remain open to new approaches and actively foster an inclusive workplace that celebrates the contribution made by all our people.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend