Swimming Instructor (Casual and Permanent Part Time positions available)
Casual $36.67 per hour (inclusive 25% casual loading) + Super
Permanent Part Time $57,960.57 pro rata + Super
Are you passionate about teaching swimming? Available to work during the week and on weekends? If this sounds like you then Yarra Leisure has an exciting opportunity to become a part of their Aquatic Programs team!
The Yarra Leisure Aquatic programs team operates out of three aquatic and recreation centres in inner city Melbourne including:
- Richmond Recreation Centre
- Collingwood Leisure Centre
- Fitzroy Swimming Pool
Due to continued program growth, we are currently seeking talented and enthusiastic swim instructors, who have a genuine love of teaching to join our growing team. The role of Swim Instructor will allow you to contribute positively to the delivery and ongoing development of aquatic programs.
We have two core programs – School Swimming, and After School Swimming, and as such are seeking staff with availability between 9am-5pm, and after school and weekends. Our after school program staff would ideally have availability over the weekends. We are also seeking staff who have experience in teaching high level swimmers, as well as swimmers of diverse abilities, and CALD communities. Experience or qualifications in these areas will be highly regarded.
The successful candidate will:
- Provide high quality, safe, fun, engaging and effective swimming lessons to Yarra Leisure participants.
- Establish good communication with all Yarra Leisure patrons, participants and Yarra Leisure staff.
- Perform all work processes in accordance with the Yarra Leisure Aquatic Programs and all Yarra Leisure policies and procedures.
- Hold a current Austswim Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety Certificate (or equivalent) and current CPR qualification (essential).
- Hold a current Teacher of Towards Competitive Strokes/Teacher of Competitive Swimming (desired).
- Hold a current Teacher of Inclusive Aquatics/Learners with a Disability (desired).
Those who do not currently hold an Austswim Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety certificate, but are working towards gaining, are encouraged to apply.
For further information regarding this role, please contact Heidi Petropoulos, Aquatics Program Team Leader on (03) 9205 5522 or see the Position Description below.
705502 - Swim Instructor - Position Description.pdf
Applications close 22 September 2019
Please note: In your application the selection panel will assess your CV against the technical skills, ability and qualifications of the Position Description as well as your separate responses to the Key Selection Criteria.
*This position is subject to satisfactory Police Check and Working with Children Check prior to commencement. Pre-employment checks are not used by Yarra City Council to prevent any applicant from applying for this position. Each application will be considered on its merits.
Yarra City Council is committed to being a child safe organisation and supports flexible and accessible working arrangements for all. This includes people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, culturally, religiously and linguistically diverse people, young people, older people, women, and people who identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, intersex or queer. We draw pride and strength from our diversity, remain open to new approaches and actively foster an inclusive workplace that celebrates the contribution made by all our people.