Management Accounting Coordinator
Permanent Full Time (Flexible)
Band 8 $112,993 - $126,617+ Super + RDO
A fantastic opportunity exists for an experienced senior finance professional to join a highly motivated team and play a leading role in the transformation of the finance function at the City of Yarra.
As a key leader in the Finance team, the Management Accounting Coordinator will be responsible for the provision of high quality, efficient and accurate Management reporting and analysis, including delivery of annual budget, quarterly forecasting and monthly/quarterly management reporting to Executive and Council.
With a strong focus on continuous improvement, your innovative and creative thinking combined with your desire to challenge the status quo, will be a key attribute.
You will also have the opportunity to work closely in supporting the Deputy Chief Financial Officer shape the strategic direction of Council's finance function, with a key focus on the establishment and delivery of a sound and highly value based business partnering function.
In order to be successful in this role you will need:
- Significant management accounting and reporting experience, and a strong understanding of budgeting and forecasting processes and assumptions;
- Strong understanding of management accounting principles and ability to use your strong communication and influencing skills to develop Council officer's understanding and ownership of their Branch budgets;
- Strong financial systems based experience;
- Experience providing high levels of customer service to internal and external stakeholders;
- Strong leadership and people management skills with a commitment to continuous improvement;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication, organisation, time management and negotiation skills.
Yarra City Council is a dynamic and progressive organisation. We aim to make a positive difference in people's lives and continually improve service to the community.
For further information see the Position Description below or contact Mark Montague, Deputy Chief Financial Officer on 9205 5506.
Coordinator Management Accounting - Position Description.pdf
Applications close on 25 July 2019.
In your application, the selection panel will assess your CV against the technical skills, abilities, and qualifications of the Position Description as well as your separate responses to the Key Selection Criteria.
*This position is subject to satisfactory Police Check prior to commencement. Pre-employment checks are not used by Yarra City Council to prevent any applicant from applying for this position. Each application will be considered on its merits.
Yarra City Council is committed to being a child safe organisation and supports flexible and accessible working arrangements for all.
This includes people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, culturally, religiously and linguistically diverse people, young people, older people, women, and people who identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, intersex or queer.
We draw pride and strength from our diversity, remain open to new approaches and actively foster an inclusive workplace that celebrates the contribution made by all our people.