Deputy Municipal Surveyor
Job no: 493651
Work type: Full time
Categories: Services, Technical
Deputy Municipal Building Surveyor
Permanent Full Time (Flexible)
SEO $135,000 - $150,000 (inclusive Super)
Council seeks the services of a highly qualified and experienced building surveyor to complement a committed and enthusiastic team of professionals. Yarra Building Services provides statutory and Building Permit services to the City of Yarra dealing with a range of building types. The position will suit a person who seeks to further develop and enhance their existing skills in Building Surveying and management. If you are a self-motivated, team orientated, success driven and customer focused building surveyor then this position may be for you.
What you will need to succeed:
- Ability to promote a commitment to ongoing excellent customer service within the Building Services Unit and working effectively across departments and with stakeholders
- Registration with the Building Practitioners Board in the category of building surveyor – unlimited
- Extensive knowledge of and the ability to interpret, apply and enforce building legislation and other relevant legislation.
- Proven ability to prioritise and manage work demands within time frames, both individually and within a team.
- Highly effective team and individual motivational skills.
- Excellent commercial and business acumen with the ability to expand Council’s building permit business.
- Proven well developed interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Competent computer knowledge, skills and reporting.
- Ability to efficiently and effectively resolve difficult complaints and problems of a complex nature.
If you are self-motivated, customer focused and a good communicator with sound technical knowledge we encourage you to apply.
For more information, contact Rob Hicks, Municipal Building Surveyor on 0455 743 736 or see the Position Description below:
100374 - Deputy Building Surveyor - Position Description.pdf
Applications close on 06 June 2019
Please note: In your application, the selection panel will assess your CV against the technical skills, abilities, and qualifications of the Position Description as well as your separate responses to the Key Selection Criteria.
*This position is subject to satisfactory Police Check, Pre Medical Check and Psychometric Test prior to commencement. Pre-employment checks are not used by Yarra City Council to prevent any applicant from applying for this position. Each application will be considered on its merits.
Yarra City Council is committed to being a child safe organisation and supports flexible and accessible working arrangements for all. This includes people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, culturally, religiously and linguistically diverse people, young people, older people, women, and people who identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, intersex or queer. We draw pride and strength from our diversity, remain open to new approaches and actively foster an inclusive workplace that celebrates the contribution made by all our people.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend