Team Leader - Youth Support & Pathways
Job no: 493639
Work type: Full time
Categories: Community, Services
Team Leader – Youth Support & Pathways
Permanent Full-Time (Flexible)
Band 6 $85,397.60 - $ 93,082.27 + RDO + Super
Based at the Yarra Youth Centre, the Youth & Middle Years team is seeking a passionate leader, with skills and experience in managing youth programs and partnerships that support the growth and development of young people in Yarra.
The key responsibilities include:
- Provide high quality leadership, support, and supervision to the Youth Support & Pathways team.
- Plan, develop and implement responsive and integrated programs and services for young people within the framework of Council’s new 0 – 25 Years Plan for Children, Young People & Families.
- Manage the operational resources and budget for the Youth Support & Pathways team.
- Build and maintain network and stakeholder relationships across Council and with community and youth organisations across Yarra to ensure a coordinated and evidence-based approach to the provision of services and programs for young people.
- Contribute to the Yarra Youth Providers Network and other local networks as required to help build the capacity of the local youth sector, and ensure that all programs and services are informed by, and respond to, the needs of the local community.
- Provide operational advice and strategic assistance to the Coordinator, Youth & Middle Years in the planning and development of the Youth and Middle Years Unit, and participate in Family, Youth & Children’s Services branch leadership activities.
- Drive and facilitate the development and maintenance of positive culture and innovation within the team and the Unit.
For further information, please see the Position Description or contact Rupert North, Coordinator Youth & Middle Years, on 03 9426 1544.
702314 - Team Leader - Youth Support and Pathways - Position Description.pdf
The recruitment process will close on Monday 29 April 2019.
Please note: In your application, the selection panel will assess your CV against the technical skills, abilities, and qualifications of the Position Description as well as your separate responses to the Key Selection Criteria.
* This position is subject to satisfactory (Police Check and Working with Children Check) prior to commencement. Pre-employment checks are not used by Yarra City Council to prevent any applicant from applying for this position. Each application will be considered on its merits.
Yarra City Council is committed to being a child safe organisation and supports flexible and accessible working arrangements for all. This includes people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, culturally, religiously and linguistically diverse people, young people, older people, women, and people who identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, intersex or queer. We draw pride and strength from our diversity, remain open to new approaches and actively foster an inclusive workplace that celebrates the contribution made by all our people.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend