Maternal and Child Health Nurse - Expression of Interest 2019
- Nurse 4B Year 2 $111,195.76 (pro rata) + 9.5% Super + Qualification Allowance + Casual Loading (if applicable)
- Various roles available (Full time, Part Time, Temporary and Casual)
Are you a Maternal and Child Health (MCH) Nurse that is looking for flexibility in your workplace, more hours or to register your interest for work in the future with City of Yarra?
If you enjoy working in a team with a range of like-minded professionals and services, then we have a rewarding opportunity to work within our Family Services team. Working here is often challenging, and no day is the same. You will have the opportunity to take ownership of your work, have your ideas heard and your achievements acknowledged.
We offer exceptional working conditions and are focused on providing a workplace that values diverse contributions, cares for your health and wellbeing and fosters a positive work culture. We ensure all people have an equal opportunity for employment and advancement within our organisation.
Only suitably qualified MCH Nurses need to apply; however, if you are due to graduate in 2018, please also register.
About The Position
This position aims to provide a high quality Universal Maternal and Child Health Service that promotes healthy outcomes for all families with children from birth to school age, through scheduled consultations at key ages and stages and by offering other activities including parent groups.
The Maternal and Child Health Nurse will, in accordance with all Legislative Frameworks, offer optimal health promotion, prevention of poor health outcomes, early detection and risk surveillance, as well as intervention and referral as required. We highly value our staff and provide monthly clinical supervision, professional development and a supportive work environment.
This is a rare opportunity to join an innovative team working in City of Yarra that works in an integrated model with Family Support and Playgroups Service.
- You will have a positive, professional and enthusiastic attitude about working within a team.
- You will be a dedicated and caring professional focused on children, women and families.
- You will be committed to continuous learning and reflective practice.
- You will be flexible and responsive to the changing needs of families and the MCH Service.
What you will need:
- Post graduate qualifications in Maternal & Child Health Nursing;
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse (Division 1) & Midwife with the Nursing & Midwifery Board of Australia in partnership with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA);
- A good understanding of primary health care, health promotion and early intervention;
- An understanding of the Victorian Maternal and Child Health Framework and Program Standards;
- Current Working with Children check;
- Willingness to undergo a Police Check;
- Valid Victorian drivers licence;
- To address the Key Selection Criteria, outlined in the Position Description
What’s on offer?
- Attractive hourly rate $56.30 – $57.40 plus super (plus casual loading if applicable).
- Access to a suite of quality learning and development opportunities and a range of health and wellbeing initiatives
- Family friendly environment
- Vibrant Social Club
To understand the physical requirements of this position, please see the Position Description or contact the Team Leader MCH, Hannah Castles, on 9205 5457.
702480 - Maternal and Child Health Nurse - Position Description.docx
How to apply
As part of the online expression of interest application form, you are required to:
- Upload your resume
- Upload your cover letter
- Submit a response to the key selection criteria
Please note: This is an ongoing recruitment drive for positions as they become available. However, as some positions are available immediately, we encourage you to start your application as soon as possible. Yarra City Council endeavours to contact you within a month of your application and reserves the right to close the advertisement when all the vacancies have been filled.
The selection panel will assess your CV against the technical skills, ability and qualifications of the Position Description as well as your separate responses to the Key Selection Criteria.
*This position is subject to satisfactory Police Check, Pre-employment Medical Assessment and Working With Children Check prior to commencement. Pre-employment checks are not used by Yarra City Council to prevent any applicant from applying for this position. Each application will be considered on its merits.
Yarra City Council is committed to being a child safe organisation and supports flexible and accessible working arrangements for all. This includes people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, culturally, religiously and linguistically diverse people, young people, older people, women, and people who identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, intersex or queer. We draw pride and strength from our diversity, remain open to new approaches and actively foster an inclusive workplace that celebrates the contribution made by all our people.