Maternal and Child Health Nurse - Expression of Interest 2018
- Nurse 4B Year 2 $106,877 (pro rata) + 9.5% Super + Qualification Allowance
- Various roles available (Full time, Part Time, Temporary and Casual)
Are you a Maternal and Child Health (MCH) Nurse that is looking for flexibility in your workplace, more hours or to register your interest for work in the future with City of Yarra?
The City of Yarra MCH team works across eight centres, plus staffing a weekly Breastfeeding Support Service (pilot). Nurses work at any of these centres according to demand.
Only suitably qualified MCH Nurses need to apply; however, if you are due to graduate in 2018, please also register.
About The Position
The Maternal & Child Health Nurse will provide a high quality, family-centred health care service that promotes and protects the health of families with children 0 – 6 years in the municipality.
The successful applicants will have excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively work with a diverse range of parents, children, family services team colleagues, allied professionals, other council employees and the local community.
This is a rare opportunity to join an innovative team working in City of Yarra that works in an integrated model with Family Support and Playgroups Service.
- Demonstrate commitment and enthusiasm in providing child focused, family centred care in the community setting.
- Provide quality customer service to internal and external customers seeking to understand and meet needs
- Contribute to the team effectively, add value to team activities and encourage a supportive team environment
- Hold oneself accountable for achieving results; constantly measure, monitor and evaluate outcomes
- Effectively communicate verbally and in writing, seeking clarification if necessary of messages being communicated
- Set high standards, take action to rectify problems, go above and beyond to achieve business objectives
- Hold a current driver’s license.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of working with Child First/Orange Door and Child Protection
To understand the physical requirements of this position, please see the Position Description or contact the Team Leader MCH, Hannah Castles, on 9205 5457.
702480 - Maternal and Child Health Nurse - Position Descripti....pdf
How to apply
As part of the online expression of interest application form, you are required to:
- Upload your resume
- Upload your cover letter
- Submit a response to the key selection criteria
Please note: This is an ongoing recruitment drive for positions as they become available. However, as some positions are available immediately, we encourage you to start your application as soon as possible. Yarra City Council endeavours to contact you within a month of your application and reserves the right to close the advertisement when all the vacancies have been filled.
The selection panel will assess your CV against the technical skills, ability and qualifications of the Position Description as well as your separate responses to the Key Selection Criteria.
*This position is subject to satisfactory Police Check, Pre-employment Medical Assessment and Working With Children Check prior to commencement. Pre-employment checks are not used by Yarra City Council to prevent any applicant from applying for this position. Each application will be considered on its merits.
Yarra City Council supports flexible and accessible working arrangements for all. This includes people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, culturally, religiously and linguistically diverse people, young people, older people, women, and people who identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, intersex or queer. We draw pride and strength from our diversity, remain open to new approaches and actively foster an inclusive workplace that celebrates the contribution made by all our people.