Campaign and Digital Marketing Officer
Permanent Full Time
Band 5 $72,854 + super + RDO (starting salary, with opportunity to progress over time)
Are you a motivated digital marketing all-rounder looking to make an impact in the community? Do you consider yourself a strategic thinker who loves finding creative and engaging ways to bring communications to life?
We are looking for an experienced campaigns and digital marketing professional. We require a creative thinker who can plan, create and deliver a wide range of marketing and communications projects and events.
Employee wellbeing is highly valued at Yarra City Council with a flexible work environment, competitive pay and monthly rostered days off.
This role sits within a collaborative and supportive Digital Communications and Marketing team within the Advocacy, Engagement and Communications Division. The Campaigns and Digital Marketing Officer will play a pivotal role in helping shape and deliver a range of short and long term projects and digital marketing plans, working closely with key stakeholders within the organisation to provide communications support that drives engagement with individual programs and services.
- Passionate about engaging audiences and the community through compelling marketing and communications, with a passion and focus on digital.
- A high calibre marketing and communications professional with strong experience in end-to-end campaign and stakeholder management.
- Creative flair and ability to distil complex information into engaging content for a variety of audiences across a range of channels.
- Collaborative and takes initiative, with the ability to build strong trust-based relationships with all staff, and confident in providing strategic marketing and communication advice to key stakeholders..
- Think big picture and implement integrated communications channels via new technology channels that are effective, dynamic and engaging.
To be successful, you will require:
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a similar role within a complex, high pressure environment.
- Experienced and savvy marketer who knows how to plan, implement, measure and evaluate creative and strategic campaigns that reach a diverse audience across a range of channels and platforms, with a digital first approach.
- Impeccable writing, spelling and grammar, with a superior eye for detail.
- Demonstrated experience in the planning, creation and implementation of a wide variety of marketing content (including web, social, eDM, news articles, video, animation and print).
- A creative thinker with the ability to bring a campaign to life through storytelling, integrated with topical research, reports or findings to increase audience engagement.
- A natural collaborator and team player, you are adept at fostering meaningful and productive relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Highly developed time and project management skills and ability to plan and coordinate events.
- Demonstrated experience in managing social media management platforms (preferably Sprout), Facebook Business Manager, eDM platforms (preferably Campaign Monitor). Experience in website CMS systems (preferably Sitecore) and Adobe Creative suite preferred.
Yarra City Council is a dynamic and progressive organisation. We pride ourselves on having an inclusive culture and aim to make a positive difference in people’s lives. This is a significant role that is a great opportunity for someone who is highly motivated and people focused.
For further information see the position description or contact Louisa Moy, Social Media and Content Lead at firstname.lastname@example.org
103503 - Campaigns and Digital Marketing Officer - Position Description_Sept 2021.pdf
Applications close 31 OCTOBER 2021.
In your application, the selection panel will assess your CV against the technical skills, abilities, and qualifications of the Position Description as well as your separate responses to the Key Selection Criteria.
*This position is subject to satisfactory Police Check, Working with Children Check prior to commencement. Pre-employment checks are not used by Yarra City Council to prevent any applicant from applying for this position. Each application will be considered on its merits.
Yarra City Council is committed to being a child safe organisation and supports flexible and accessible working arrangements for all. This includes people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, culturally, religiously and linguistically diverse people, young people, older people, women, and people who identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, intersex or queer. We draw pride and strength from our diversity, remain open to new approaches and actively foster an inclusive workplace that celebrates the contribution made by all our people.