Internal Control and Compliance Officer
Permanent Full time (Flexible)
Band 7 $98,702 - $110,353 + Super + RDO
A fantastic opportunity exists for a highly motivated and outcome focused Control and Compliance Officer to join the Finance branch at Yarra City Council.
This newly created role will be a key component and driver of an aggressive continuous improvement and best practice agenda across the Finance branch, ideally suited to candidates with a strong background in internal financial audit, controls and compliance.
Aside from your knowledge and experience in the development of key financial policies and procedures, coupled with your ability to enhance Council's internal financial control framework, it will be your ability to develop key working relationships with a range of stakeholders that will be highly valued and set you apart.
In order to be successful in this role you will need:
- Strong knowledge and demonstrated practical experience in financial internal/performance audit principles, procedures and techniques.
- Understanding the role of internal audit frameworks in large organisations.
- A thorough knowledge of financial management principles required to recognise and evaluate the materiality and significance of deviations from good financial, business and governance practices.
- Highly effective skills in managing time, setting priorities and planning and organising your work to achieve specific and set objectives in the most efficient way possible, despite conflicting pressures.
- Highly effective interpersonal skills, incorporating effective communication verbally and in writing, liaison, problem solving, influencing and facilitation skills.
- Capacity to seek and gain co-operation from internal and external stakeholders to achieve position objectives and outcomes.
Yarra city council is a progressive and dynamic Organisation. We pride ourselves on our diverse and inclusive culture, aiming to make a positive difference in people’s lives and continually improve service to the community.
For further information see the position description or contact Mark Montague, Chief Financial Officer on 9205 5506.
100462 - Internal Control and Compliance Officer - Position Description - Oct 2020.pdf
Applications close on 27 October 2020 at 11:55pm.
In your application, the selection panel will assess your CV against the technical skills, abilities, and qualifications of the Position Description as well as your separate responses to the Key Selection Criteria.
*This position is subject to satisfactory Police Check prior to commencement. Pre-employment checks are not used by Yarra City Council to prevent any applicant from applying for this position. Each application will be considered on its merits.
Yarra City Council is committed to being a child safe organisation and supports flexible and accessible working arrangements for all. This includes people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, culturally, religiously and linguistically diverse people, young people, older people, women, and people who identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, intersex or queer. We draw pride and strength from our diversity, remain open to new approaches and actively foster an inclusive workplace that celebrates the contribution made by all our people.