Job no: 492390
Work type: Casual / Temp, Part time
Categories: Community, Services
Casual and Permanent Part Time positions available
Casual $34.55 per hour (includes 25% leave loading) + super
Permanent Part Time $54,617 - $59,506 (pro rata) + super
Join the Yarra Leisure Operations Team as a Lifeguard. In this position, you will contribute directly to ensuring a safe environment within the Yarra Leisure Centres. We are looking for customer focused, dynamic and motivated professionals.
Our aquatic programs operate from three facilities; the Collingwood Leisure Centre, Fitzroy Swimming Pool and Richmond Recreation Centre.
The successful candidate will have:
- An interest and/or experience and/or qualifications in first aid and/or emergency rescue
- Sound communication & conflict resolution skills with the ability to negotiate with a diverse range of customers and/or community members
- Sound customer service skills and experience in a busy, fast paced work environment
- An interest and experience in a sporting environment
- Applicants must have a current working with children check, First Aid, Pool Lifeguard and CPR qualifications
- It is essential that you are available to work early morning and evening shifts, over the weekends and during the summer period.
Please note: This is an ongoing recruitment drive for positions as they become available. Leisure Services endeavour to contact you within a month of your application.
705211 - Lifeguard - Position Description - July 2017.pdf
For further information please contact Maria Fransisca on 03 9205 5384.
In your application please note that the selection panel will assess your CV against the technical skills, ability and qualifications of the Position Description as well as your separate responses to the Key Selection Criteria.
*This position is subject to satisfactory Police Check and Working With Children Check prior to commencement. Pre-employment checks are not used by Yarra City Council to prevent any applicant from applying for this position. Each application will be considered on its merits.
Yarra City Council supports flexible and accessible working arrangements for all.
This includes people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, culturally, religiously and linguistically diverse people, young people, older people, women, and people who identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, intersex or queer.
We draw pride and strength from our diversity, remain open to new approaches and actively foster an inclusive workplace that celebrates the contribution made by all our people.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend